Family Welcome Night & PTA Meeting
We invite all families to join us for our First Parent Teacher Night & PTA Meeting on September 28, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Parents should keep the communication between the school and home open. Please be sure to inform the school of any changes in the home that may affect your child's performance at school.
1. Parents are encouraged to be involved in all areas of their child's education. Several opportunities to meet our faculty and staff will take place in the 2017 – 2018 year:
2. Due to new NYC DOE regulations, teachers are required to communicate with parents during weekly Parent Engagement time. Our Parent Engagement schedule will take place …TBD. 3. Homework is a continuation of
3. Homework is a continuation of school work. Parents should be actively involved in their child's homework. Please check to see that it is brought home, is completed and as accurate as possible. If there are any questions about your child's homework, feel free to email your student’s teacher. 4. Parents can encourage appropriate behavior in school. If your child is continually acting inappropriately in school, you can work with a team of professionals to develop a behavior management plan that will be consistent between the home and school. 5. You are welcome to see your student in
4. Parents can encourage appropriate behavior in school. If your child is continually acting inappropriately in school, you can work with a team of professionals to develop a behavior management plan that will be consistent between the home and school. 5. You are welcome to see your student in
5. You are welcome to see your student in school to observe his or her progress. This visit must be arranged through the main office.
Remember, education should never be limited to just school hours. The valuable time spent time at home working with your child will help them meet his/her potential. Your child's progress will depend upon the quality of the partnership between the home and school.
Parent involvement plays an important role in your child's education All parents and/or guardians are members of the PTA. The PTA meets every month. Please check out web site calendar at www.citypolyhs.org for dates. Parents are strongly encouraged to join the PTA and participate in as many events as possible.
The 2016 - 2017 PTA Executive Board consists of the following:
Our school, consistent with the Chancellor’s regulations, provides translation and interpretation services to limited English speaking parents to effectively communicate with school staff. Language support includes over the phone interpreters if bilingual staff members are not available.