Parents can use the following link to keep track of their students academic progress throughout the school year.
Apply For Lunch
While the name and design may be new, you'll still enjoy the same great features as ApplyforLunch.
MySchoolApps makes it easy to apply for free and reduced meal benefits online for your child's school.
Mientras que el nombre y el diseño pueden ser nuevos, podrás seguir disfrutando de las mismas características que ApplyforLunch.
MySchoolApps hace que sea fácil de aplicar para los beneficios de comidas gratis oa precio reducido en línea para la escuela de su hijo.
Parents should keep the communication between the school and home open. Please be sure to inform the school of any changes in the home that may affect your child's performance at school.
1. Parents are encouraged to be involved in all areas of their child's education. Several opportunities to meet our faculty and staff will take place in the 2019 – 2020 school year:
- September 26th (Parent Teacher Evening Conference - 5 PM to 8 PM)
- November 21st (Parent Teacher Evening Conference - 5 PM to 8 PM)
- November 22nd (Parent Teacher Afternoon Conference - 1 PM to 3 PM)
- March 19th (Parent Teacher Afternoon Conference - 5 PM to 8 PM)
- March 20th (Parent Teacher Afternoon Conference - 1 PM to 3 PM)
- May 21st (Parent Teacher Afternoon Conference - 5 PM to 8 PM)
2. Due to new NYC DOE regulations, teachers are required to communicate with parents during weekly Parent Engagement time. Our Parent Engagement schedule will take place …TBD.
3. Homework is a continuation of school work. Parents should be actively involved in their child's homework. Please check to see that it is brought home, is completed and as accurate as possible. If there are any questions about your child's homework, feel free to email your student’s teacher.
4. Parents can encourage appropriate behavior in school. If your child is continually acting inappropriately in school, you can work with a team of professionals to develop a behavior management plan that will be consistent between the home and school.
5. You are welcome to see your student in the school to observe his or her progress. This visit must be arranged through the main office.
Remember, education should never be limited to just school hours. The valuable time spent at home working with your child will help them fulfill their potential. Your child's progress will depend upon the quality of the partnership between the home and school.
Parent Teacher Association
Parent involvement plays an important role in your child's education. All parents and/or guardians are members of the PTA which meets every month. Please contact our main office for dates. Parents are strongly encouraged to join the PTA and participate in as many events as possible.
The 2019 - 2020 PTA Executive Board consists of the following:
- Vice President
Translation & Interpretation Services
Our school, consistent with the Chancellor’s regulations, provides translation and interpretation services to limited English speaking parents to effectively communicate with school staff. Language support includes over the phone interpreters if bilingual staff members are not available.