City Polytechnic High School is committed to a school community where each member accepts responsibility for the learning, academic achievement, and social and cultural development of all students.
The City Polytechnic High School community will meet its mission by building our capacity to work collaboratively as a professional learning community. We envision a school community in which:
- Each teacher, parent, and student understands the knowledge, skills, and behaviors students are expected to acquire in each course, grade level, and unit of instruction.
- The learning of each student is monitored on a timely basis.
- Strategies for improving student achievement according to individual student needs and identified groupings are implemented on a continuing basis.
- Adults demonstrate a personal commitment to the academic success and the social-emotional and cultural development of each student.
- Each City Poly student has the opportunity to graduate in 6 years with a CTE endorsed high school regents diploma and college credits leading up to an Associate’s degree.
- Each City Poly student is college and career ready, and also prepared to serve and improve their communities.
All students will acquire and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to:
- Advance through the six-year program and earn college credits leading up to an Associate’s Degree from the NYC College of Technology (City Tech) in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, and Construction Management.
- Gain hands-on experiences with our industry partners through mentorship, job shadowing, and internships.
- Be a responsible student leader, show strong character, and demonstrate respect and concern for their peers, school, and community.